Sunday, January 13, 2013

Under the Sky

Under the Sky is my first lettering composition of 2013. I had been thinking about combing lettering with garden imagery I have from years past. Not quite sure where this will eventually lead and I'm just going to go with it.

With this piece I enjoy the departure from commercial lettering. There is no wrong or right method here. Just painting colors and letters based on a quick thought of the moment. The actual piece is 32" X 14.5" created with many layers in Photoshop. The process is no different from the painting technique I learned decades ago before digital.



1 comment:

  1. I think the colours and shape of this piece work really well! Even though it is done in Photoshop, it really does have the feel and texture of a hand-painted piece.

    Love your work! :D

    ReplyDelete