Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sinply Orange

Every time I am at the grocery store I see the Simply Orange lettering I created back in 2000. This is a unique script as it has been in use for over 10 years. I was fortunate to work with a team of excellent designers on this project when it first arrived on the consumer market.

This is the original sketch for the lettering. Like most sketches I use for drawing templates it is a loose reference to use as a starting point.


This image shows all the lettering that was created for the comps of the Simply Orange project. What is amazing is that all the lettering treatments with variations were produced in a 2 day timeframe. I drank a lot of strong coffee back in those days when I was under tight deadline pressure to produce a variety of styles.


This is the lettering as used on the current package design.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh! I've always wondered who did this lettering, Alan. From now on, when I drink this juice, it will taste even better than before! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Xandra.
    I'll have to search the archives some day for other food package lettering that is still in use.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always admired this lettering too! It's very interesting to see the variations. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I always wondered who did this lettering, too! So cool to see your posts and how you develop the logos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Alan, Im aspiring rap artist and go by the name of Simply Zac. I'm working on my mix tape cover and cant seem to find this font anywhere!! Do you have the name of the font or Could you make a Simply Zac version for me. It would mean a great deal to me!!!!!
    Thanks and nice work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Simply Zac,
    You can contact me anytime by the e-mail address listed in my profile and I will gladly discuss your project request.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete